Author Topic: เรื่อง ID ของคุณ Milo  (Read 2675 times)

Offline Quentin

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Prince
  • Level and Hp mod by the DtTvB :: version 1.02 :: Made for Zone-IT.com Level 53 : Exp 63%
    HP: 0.1%

• ThankCool Statistics
    Give : 271
    Take : 388

• The constellation realigned...
Re: เรื่อง ID ของคุณ Milo
« Reply #15 on: June 18, 2009, 02:45:30 PM »
ส่วนผมชอบบรรยากาศที่ร้านนี้นะ  พักหลังอาจได้เจอกันบ่อยขึ้นอะ  :egg024:

Arkham Horror Cult Member / World of Darkness storyteller

Offline Fool

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Soldier
  • Level and Hp mod by the DtTvB :: version 1.02 :: Made for Zone-IT.com Level 4 : Exp 43%
    HP: 0%

• ThankCool Statistics
    Give : 0
    Take : 0

« Reply #16 on: June 18, 2009, 05:31:11 PM »
This subject has probably already been beaten to death, but I just wanted to emphasize how lucky we are to have Chris' Bangkok Battlefield in town.   

Many of us may not know this, but running a game store is largely a "labor of love" and a money-losing endeavor.   There is a very small margin involved from which to make profit, as the distributors/publishers do not discount the product very much to game stores unless they are buying in EXTREME bulk.   In fact, most game stores in the USA and Europe last on average about 2-3 years before they are forced to close due to spiraling losses. 

It's a very difficult for many game stores to keep from going under as internet resellers/Ebay are able to offer the much lower prices on the exact same products.  Most game stores survive only because of local gamers making a conscious effort to buy at the game store, even if it usually means paying a higher price for the product.   You may ask yourself why anyone would be crazy enough to want to buy a game at a higher price when they could get it cheaper on the internet... well it's about community.  If it was another product, say furniture, or food, or cars, or whatever - then sure, go for the lowest price.  But we all know we need other gamers to play the games we love, and the best way to grow our community and increase the number of available of gamers out there to play our games with is through the gamestore.   It's very important for the local community to have a place to come together, meet each other, and attract and convert more people to our hobby.  Having experienced it firsthand, I can tell you that being a hardcore gamer in an area without a gamestore is a miserable thing.  And that's why whether I'm in the USA or here(I split my time between there and Thailand) I make sure to support my local game store even if costs me an extra buck/baht or so.

I also doubt very much Chris is doing this for the "money".   Anyone who's spent 5 minutes talking to Chris knows that he's as addicted to games as is humanly possible.  I think he's doing this because he loves games and wants to see his hobby grow and prosper in his adopted hometown.    Browsing his shelves, he prices things at or near US Retail price which is unheard of in Asia.  When you consider that most US/European game stores struggle financially, and then factor in that Chris also has to pay massive costs for shipping, handling, and customs, I wouldn't be surprised to learn that he is breaking even or perhaps even losing money on some products.   

I also think that the idea of memberships is super cool.  The whole "experience point" thing is very unique and reminiscent of RPG's.   Battlefield Bangkok is also the only game store I know that offers persistent discounts on all products for its members.  The other game stores I frequent will offer something like "buy $500 dollars of stuff, and receive 10% off your next single item purchase", but nothing nearly as good as the rewards Chris offers his customers.  Let's make sure he doesn't regret being so generous to us.

From reading this thread, it already seems like the problem is solved, it was mostly a misunderstanding, and that it won't happen again.   But everybody please remember how lucky we are to finally have a full-fledged home for gamers in Bangkok and how fragile game stores are in general..  Chris isn't some huge company with massive profits, but just another gamer like us, with a wife & kids to support.   We all want Battlefield to not only survive but thrive, so let's all do the right thing... even if it means paying a little more for a game than we could.   

:egg027: 

Offline Boy

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+6)
  • King
  • Level and Hp mod by the DtTvB :: version 1.02 :: Made for Zone-IT.com Level 72 : Exp 46%

• ThankCool Statistics
    Give : 217
    Take : 700

« Reply #17 on: June 18, 2009, 11:47:18 PM »
well said
ไม่ว่าอยู่เเห่งหนไหน ข้าจะนมัสการ เเละไม่ว่าเป็นเช่นไร ข้าจะนมัสการ

Offline abc

• Prince
  • Level and Hp mod by the DtTvB :: version 1.02 :: Made for Zone-IT.com Level 45 : Exp 36%
    HP: 0%

• ThankCool Statistics
    Give : 15
    Take : 3

« Reply #18 on: June 19, 2009, 12:28:24 AM »
อ่านบทความแล้วทราบซึ้งเลยครับ  :egg005:
ผมก็ขอให้ร้านของคุณ Chris อยู่ต่อไปเรื่อยๆนะครับ (และหวังว่ากิจการจะรุ่งเรืองจนสามารถขยายสาขามาใกล้ๆบ้านผมบ้างก็ดีนะ อิอิ) ^^

Offline woffth

• Duke
  • Level and Hp mod by the DtTvB :: version 1.02 :: Made for Zone-IT.com Level 37 : Exp 14%

• ThankCool Statistics
    Give : 214
    Take : 52

« Reply #19 on: June 19, 2009, 12:57:52 AM »
มีโอกาสได้แวะไปที่ร้านครั้งนึง

ตะลึงกับเงื่อนไขการเป็นสมาชิกและสิทธิพิเศษที่ได้แต่อึ้ง อะไรจะมากมายขนาดนั้น นี่ถ้ามีเครื่องชงกาแฟสดอีกเครื่อง ผมคงต้องย้ายบ้านไปอยู่แถวนั้นแหงมๆ

ผมพอเข้าใจว่าร้านคุณคริสต้องใช้ทุกวิธีเพื่อกระตุ้น, ส่งเสริมตลาด ในสายตาผม ร้านคุณคริสเยี่ยมมาก

สิ่งเดียวที่ร้านคุณคริสด้อยกว่าที่อื่นในสายตาของผมคือ ไกลบ้านผม แค่นั้น แค่นั้นจริงๆ ซึ่งต่อไปน่าจะทดแทนด้วยร้านสาขาที่ 2 ของคุณคริสที่ใกล้บ้านผมขึ้น (หวังว่าคงไม่เปิดสาขา 2 ที่รังสิตนะครับ)

หลังจากนี้ผมจะกระจายข่าวบอกเพื่อนๆ ที่อยู่แถวนั้นให้แวะเวียนไปร้านคุณคริสครับ
เกมที่อยากเล่น

Yspahan, Aquädukt,       
1960: The Making of the President,  BattleLore,        
Thebes, Shadows over camelot, Thebees,  Torres,  Scotland Yard,  Prophecy,  Genoa, Pirate's Cove

เกมที่เล่นล่าสุด